Have you ever blocked someone by mistake? Or do you want to give someone a second chance? If you said yes at least once, continue reading our guide on how to unblock people on Twitch.
Ťhis guide works wonders, and even if you have blocked someone ages ago, you will be able to find them and unblock them with this guide.
Before you proceed with this guide, double-check if you are unblocking the right person. And if you truly want to do this. You have most probably blocked that user for a very good reason. Are you sure you want to do this? Especially if that person has harassed you, we strongly do not recommend you to follow through with this guide. But if you really want to do this, continue reading this tutorial.
How to Unblock on Twitch
Depending on which device you are currently using, choose the right tutorial. If you are using a Windows or Mac computer, the first guide is for you. If you are using the Twitch app on your smartphone, scroll down to the second tutorial.
PS: You don’t have to use the same device to block that user. If you are using the same profile on both devices, the data will sync between these accounts.
How to Unblock Someone on Twitch.tv
- Click on your profile icon
- Click on “Settings” in the drop-down menu
- Click on the “Security and Privacy” tab below Settings
- Scroll down to Privacy settings and click on “Show Blocked Users”
- Find the user that you wish to remove from that list (by scrolling down in the list or via search function if you remember their username), and click on the “Trash” icon next to their username to unblock them
Congratulations, if you have finished all five steps, you have successfully removed the user from your twitch block list. Now you can exchange messages with this user and much more!
How to Unblock Someone on Twitch app
- Open your Twitch app on iPhone or Android phone
- Tap on your profile icon in the upper left corner
- Tap on “Account Settings”
- Tap on “Security&Privacy”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you have someone in your Twitch ignore list(blocked list), you will have these users at the bottom of that page. Please tap on the user to unblock them
Hopefully, this guide was easy enough to understand. And keep in mind that if you have removed someone from the blocked list if you find out it was a mistake. You can easily put them back on the list so they don’t bother you. Twitch supports your privacy, so you can easily add or remove users from ignore list! Don’t forget that, and if you forget how to do it, you can always reread our guide.