Due to privacy reasons, Discord default setting when inviting someone to your server is that the link will expire at a certain time. The default option is to expire within the first seven days of creating the invitation. This could also be to prevent the overflow of certain Discord servers, so it does not take up to many Discord resources.
But if you are running a stable server to which you would like to invite as many people as possible, you should create a permanent link, so you don’t have to change it on your website or social media every seven days.
If you don’t have your own server yet, here is how you can create one.
How to make a permanent discord invite link
On Desktop App [Windows&Mac]
- Open Discord app.
- Please choose from the sidebar on the left of the server to which you would like to invite other users, and click on it. For example, on the screenshot below, we have chosen the “YSN” server.
- Click on the icon next to the channel settings with the + sign as on the screenshot below.
- A new window with a link will pop up. At the left bottom corner of the pop-up, click on the checkmark, and the server invitation will change from expiring in 7 days to expire never!
Congratulations, you have created your first permanent invite to a server on Discord.
On Smartphone app [iPhone&Android]
Unlike on the desktop app, if you are creating invite links of the mobile application. The default expiration of the invite link is only 24 hours. Here is how you can create a permanent invite on your mobile phone app:
- Open the Discord app on your smartphone.
- Choose the right server from the left menu.
- Tap on “Invite Members”.
- Tap on the “gear” button to set up the expiration of the link.
- Tap on “No Limit” in EXPIRE AFTER settings.
- Tap on the “Create Link” button.
Congratulations, if your screen looks similar to this screenshot:
You have created a never expiring invite link on your iPhone or Android device.
Other Discord guides: