Ticketmaster is one of the best platforms to buy cheap tickets or sell yours if you cannot make it to the event. They provide tickets to shows, concerts, sports events, theaters, and much more, all that from the comfort of your home. Even though they offer great service, some users report that they have received Ticketmaster Error Code 0002 while trying to buy tickets.
Thanks to our readers, we have compiled all possible fixes for this problem. Try all solutions one by one. We will start with the most common fix, and we will move from there. Also, the first guide is the easiest and fastest to do.
Why have your received error code 0002 on Ticketmaster
Here is a quick overview of why you might have received the error mentioned above. In most cases, it is due to issues with your browser or with your internet connection or internet connection settings.
The easiest fixes
Before we start troubleshooting your PC, please try to connect to Ticketmaster on a different device. If you have used your phone, please try to do it on your desktop computer. And if you were using a computer, try it on your mobile phone, but do not connect to wi-fi. Try to connect via your mobile plan data.
Before you do this, try to log out from the device on which you have received an error. If you can’t, don’t stress it and try it on another device.
How to fix Ticketmaster error code 0002
Fix 1: Log out and back into your account
- Go to ticketmaster.com and log out from your account
- Then exit your internet browser
- And now you have two options, you can use a different browser, or you can press “ctrl+alt+delete” and end task of the browser you have just closed
- After all process of your browser is ended, open the browser again and log in to your Ticketmaster profile and check if the error code 0002 persist
Fix 2: Switch off proxy settings
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time on your keyboard to open the run box
- Type in “Control Panel” and hit enter
- Click on “Network and Internet” settings
- Click on “Internet Options” settings
- Switch from the “General” tab to the “Connections” tab
- In “Connections,” click on “LAN settings” at the bottom of the window
- If your proxy settings are checked, uncheck the box next to “Use a proxy server for your LAN” as on the screenshot below and click on “OK” to save your new settings
- Click on the “OK” button in Internet Options to save your new settings
- Now open your Internet browser again and log in to your Ticketmaster account and see if the error code is still there or if this has solved your problem
Fix 3: Delete cache & cookies in your internet browser
- Press the “Ctrl+H” keys on your keyboard
- Your internet browser history should have opened. If yes, click on “Clear Browsing Data” in the left panel
- A new pop-up window will show up, check the box for Cookies and also for cached images and files and click on “Clear data,” but before you do, look at the Time range settings. You should select “All time”
Fix 4: Turn off your computer
Sometimes restarting your computer just do not cut it. If you switch off your computer just for a few seconds, it can do wonders for your computer.
This might sound funny, but try to leave your computer opened for a week or so. Even if the computer is switched to “sleep mode” most of the time, the computer will be a lot slower.
Fix 5: Turn of your modem
If none of the tips above have helped, there might be an issue with your modem, and sometimes this can happen. Most of the time, your modem or router can get overheated. The best practice is to switch it off and then pull it from the socket. Wait a minute or two, and then plug it back into the socket. After you do this, you should wait around two to three minutes till your modem or router connects back to the internet and starts your wi-fi again.
Fix 6: Call their office
Suppose none of the previous five solutions have helped. You can try to call them on this phone number: (310) 867-7000.
But there is very little chance that the call will go through.
There is always a possibility that the error code 0002 wasn’t due to your technical issues. There is always a possibility that the error is due to problems with Ticketmaster Webhosting or server. And that might be the case if you have tried all of our six solutions to fix this error.
If you think that is the case, wait an hour or two and then try it again. Unfortunately, if you are in a hurry to buy tickets or they are the last tickets available, this can be very frustrating. But if you have tried all of the solutions, there is nothing that you can do.