Would you like to have a hidden name on Discord?
If you said yes, there is not that complicated way how to do this. And while we are at it, we will show you how you can have an invisible character(avatar) on Discord as well.
If you have already signed up on Discord, it doesn’t matter. You can still change your username to an invisible one. If you do not have your account yet, sign up for one.
Why set up this?
If you connect to a server, no one will know who you are, which can be fun. You can also send messages, and no one will know from whom they are. But be careful. Even though your username and avatar will be invisible, you could still get banned if you violate ToS of Discord.
PS: Getting an invisible avatar is quite faster. You might want to start with that.
How to have a blank name on Discord
Unfortunately, since 2021 the “invisible character” is not supported by Discord. You can still make your name invisible on discord, but only if you have the right to change roles on Discord, which some of you might not have. It is very sad since this limits the possible usage of the invisible name, but you can still have fun with it. If you are the active user in some servers and if you make an effort, you can easily get rights to change roles in that specific server.
Here is how to make your name invisible on Discord
- First, open your Discord app
- Right-click on the server on which you want to have a blank username
- From the pop-up menu, choose “Server Settings,” and then from the second menu, choose “Roles”
- Click on the “Add role”
- Type in the name of your role, and the name is not that important
- Then click on color settings as on the screenshot below
- Copy and paste one of these colors #ffffff(this will make you invisible in discord light mode) or #36393f (this will make your name invisible on dark Discord mode) [as on the screenshot above]
- Click on the three dots next to your new role
- Right-click on the server name again, click on “Server Settings,” and then click on “Members”
- Click on the three dots next to your username
- Click on “Roles” from the drop-down menu and then click on “Your new role or the name you have used for that role”
For better success, always use the color for the dark mode since it is a lot more popular than the light one. You will be able to trick more users this way.
How to get an invisible character [avatar]
This is a lot easier than getting your username invisible. And the best part is that it will work on all servers. Not only on servers on which you have permissions to edit roles.
- Click here to download your new profile photo
- Click on “Settings” next to your username to open your profile settings
- Click on “Upload avatar”
- Go to downloads, find “invisible character discord.png,” and select it, then click on the “Open” button
Congratulations, you now have an invisible avatar.