We are sorry that you need to take such measures. But sometimes, there is no other way to deal with people than to block them. Alternatively, if the user has been harassing you, you can report such a person to Discord and if you have sufficient evidence. The discord support team will ban that user.
Unfortunately banning process takes quite some time. So blocking that user is probably the best idea. And you can always report that user afterward.
How to block people on Discord
Depending on which device you are currently using, the tutorial will slightly differ. First, we show you how you can block someone on a desktop app and then on the smartphone.
Mac/PC Guide to blocking
- Open the Discord application on your Windows or Mac computer.
- If you are friends on Discord with that user, find that user in your friend’s list. Alternatively, you can find that person on the server that you share.
- Right-click on the profile icon or user name of the person which you would like to block.
- Double-check the username to make sure you are not blocking the wrong person. If you are sure, click on the “Block” button to block that user.
Smartphone Blocking Guide
- Follow the first two steps from the desktop guide.
- Tap on the user, which you would like to block.
- Double-check if the username is correct because, unlike on a desktop app, you won’t have to confirm anything. The user will be blocked right away. If the username is correct, tap on the three dots on the right.
- Tap on the “Block” button.
Congratulations, you have just blocked that user if you want to know what privileges this user has, read this article.