Twitch is the biggest and probably even the largest streaming platform for gamers. It grew so fast due to the tight relationship between streamers and viewers since they could easily chat with each other, ask streamer questions during streams, etc. But even though this is great, it can turn bad really quickly, especially if you encounter a spammer or online troll.
And it is not that uncommon that streamers or even some viewers get harassed on the Twitch platform. For some, it might seem like funny jokes, but the person on the receiving end might find it very offensive. If this happens to you, it is best to block that user. After that, he or she will no longer be able to harras you.
Fast Read Content
How to Block Someone on Twitch
Twitch is a very user-friendly platform so that this guide won’t be so long. But Twitch slightly differs depending on which platform you are using it. So choose the guide carefully. First, we are going to show you how you can do this on a desktop computer and then on a Twitch mobile phone application.
How to Block on Twitch on Windows & Mac
- Go to Twitch and if you are not logged in, log in to your account
- Click on “Search” in the middle at the top of the screen
- Search for the username of the person that you would like to block
- Click on one of the search icons
- Click on the profile photo of that user or on their username to open their profile
- Please click on the three dots next to their username
- Click on [Block “username of that person”] from the drop-down menu
If you have completed all these seven steps, you have blocked your first person on Twitch, congratulations. Hopefully noone else will ever bother you, so you don’t have to do this again
How to Block on Twitch mobile app iOS & Android
- Open your Twitch app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Tap on the “Search” button in the upper right corner
- Search for the “username” of the person that you would like to block. Once you have written the full username, tap on one of the search buttons
- Tap on the “username” of the person you would like to block in search results
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Tap on (Block “username of that person”)
How do I permanently block someone on twitch?
If you have followed one of your guides above, either for smartphones or for windows and mac users, you have successfully blocked someone permanently. You don’t have to worry ever again that the blocked user will bother you ever again. Unless they create a new account, but if they do. You already know how to block them. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent them from creating a new account. Unless you get them banned for their behavior, keep reading this article if you want to know more about this.
If someone is spamming on your channel or is sending you unwanted messages, we highly recommend you block that person.
That’s correct – Blocked users won’t be able to refollow – additionally, they can’t whisper, host, request friendship, or purchase gift subs.— Twitch Support (@TwitchSupport) March 27, 2020
Banned users will not appear in the chat list at all – they also will not be able to see any messages in chat from other users, either. pic.twitter.com/NHfisfrWem
If the person is harassing you, we still recommend you block that person on Twitch. But afterward, if you think that person has crossed a line, it is for the best to report that person, and if the twitch support team agrees with you, that user will get banned and won’t harass anyone else on their platform. But you should always block them first because it could take several days till their support team sees your message and evaluates it! If you want to know how to check: How to ban someone on Twitch.tv.
If you have blocked some user by mistake, learn how you can unblock that user.