If you want to try something new, the effect worth your time learning is the reverse effect. It is a fairly easy effect to use. And the videos using it are going viral so quickly. It might be one of the best effects that you can use to grow your audience.
But for some strange reason, it is a bit tricky to find it. Check the following guide to learn how to apply this effect in your videos.
PS: If you have read any other tutorial that wants you to download some other app to recreate this effect. Don’t do it. You can do it quite easily in the TikTok app. The only tricky part is finding the effect, and we did that for you.
How to put a TikTok in reverse
Before we start the tutorial, make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Open your TikTok app
- Tap on the “+” button to record a new video in the middle of the bottom of the screen
- Press the red button and hold it (aka record your video)
- Once you are done with recording your video, tap on the red checkmark on the right of the bottom of the app
- At the bottom of the screen, there is an icon looking like a clock, with text underneath “Effects” tap on it
- At the bottom of the screen, scroll from right to the left
- Tap on “Time” effects
- Tap on the “Reverse” effect
- Tap to use the reverse effect
- Once you have applied this effect to your video, tap on “Save” in the upper right corner of the app
- Congratulations, you have reversed your first TikTok video
If you like the finished product, just tap on “Next” and publish your first reverse video. If not, try it again.
Don’t forget to use the following hashtags for better exposure: #reverseeffect #reverse #reversed
How to reverse someone else’s TikTok
- Open the video that you would like to reverse
- Tap on the arrow on the right side of the screen
- Tap on “Save video” to download the video
- Follow the tutorial above, only instead of recording your video, upload the video that you have downloaded. After that, continue from step number five!
Best examples of viral videos using this filter
Look at these videos. All of them got at least ten to twenty times more views than likes. Can you believe that the first video got over eleven million views? Yes, the account is fairly popular, with a lot of followers, but 11 million views are quite something.
Other popular effects that might help you go viral
There are countless accounts that have exploded using this effect. And you can be the next one! Dabble with this effect, and who knows, you might go viral and get 1000s of followers overnight.