Snapchat is the new messaging but only with photos and videos. And if you hate your Snapchat notification sound, you are not alone. The original notification sound that is set up by default can be really annoying after receiving 100s if not 1000s messages. Don’t worry, and this is not something that you need to get used to.
You can easily change both on iPhone and even Android devices.
The Snapchat app is pretty much the same both for Android and iOS users. Yes, few UI things are different, but other than that, the apps are the same.
Fast Read Content
How to change Snapchat notification sound
If you have to uninstall your Snapchat due to the annoying notification sound, install it from Google play store or from iTunes if you are an iPhone user. If you have Snapchat on your phone, check out the tutorial below to change the notification sound.
If you want to change the notification sound on android, these are screenshots from Android version 10. If you have a newer or older device, the design might be a bit different, but the process should be pretty much the same!
- Tap on the “Settings” button on your homepage screen.
- In settings, go to “Apps & notifications.”
- Tap on “SEE ALL APPS” to see all apps that are installed on your android device.
- Search for the “Snapchat” app in the list of all apps on your phone and once you find it, Tap on it.
- In the Snapchat app info, Tap on “Notifications.”
- A Notifications Settings should open up, and you need to scroll down to “Snaps and Chats” and tap on it.
- In the Notification Category, Tap on “Advanced.”
- You will now see more options to choose from. Tap on “Sound” as on the screenshot below.
- Now you can finally choose custom notifications to sound for a Snapchat app.
If you have completed all nine steps, you have successfully changed your notification sound. All notifications from now on that are from Snapchat will have this new ringtone/sound that you have just set up.
In the past, you weren’t able to modify your notification sound on Snapchat if you were an iPhone user. But early this year, Snapchat made a change, and now you can set up your favorite ringtone as a notification. Here is how:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- From the app list, tap on Snapchat.
- Tap on the notification if it won’t allow you to change the sound from here (due to the iOS version of the Snapchat app version, continue to the next step).
- Open settings again, tap on the “Sounds and Haptics” option.
- Scroll down the Text tone.
- Tap on your favorite music or ringtone and save your changed notification sound.
From now on, you will have a different notification sound when you receive a Snap.
Why do I get a notification sound but no notification?
There are four possible explanations for this.
- You can hear a notification sound and have 0 notifications because you have by mistake swiped right or left on the notification on your Android phone, and this cannot happen on your iPhone.
- You might have disabled visible notifications on the app. This also happens to users only if you want to fix this, go to apps and notifications and change your settings.
- Explanation number three is that someone has sent you a Snap, and before you have opened it, the sender has deleted their message. Since you have not opened the Snap, you will not receive “message was deleted” in your chat history.
- Explanation number four is a pretty simple one. Do you have that sound notification on some other app?
Snapchat Ringtone not working?
For this, there are few possible explanations. First, we recommend you make sure that your sound is on.
If the sound is on, go to the notifications settings of Snapchat and check if the notification is even ON. If not, turn it on, and your problem should be solved. If the notifications sounds were on, and it is still not working. We highly recommend you restart your phone.
Better yet, turn it off for a while and then turn it on. If your Snapchat notification sound is still not working, try other apps if their sound notifications work. If they do, there is a last resort option. Uninstall Snapchat from your Android or iPhone device. And install it back. This should fix your issue. If none of the following tips have helped, you should contact Snapchat support or get your phone repaired in the local store.
How to turn off Snapchat sound?
If you do not want to turn off sound, you can just turn off Snapchat notifications, which is a bit longer process, but a lot better since you will still be able to hear notifications about messages, emails, and calls.
How to turn notification sound off
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- Scroll down in the app list till you see the Snapchat app and once you find it, tap on to open the notifications settings of Snapchat.
- Sound will have a toggle option. Turn this option off.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Apps & Notifications.”
- Tap on “See All Apps.”
- Search for Snapchat. Once you find it, tap on it to open it.
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- Tap on “snaps & Chats.”
- Tap on “Advanced” to get more options.
- Tap on “Sound,” tap on “None.”
Other usefull guides: