If you are a private person or just don’t want your coworkers to know who you follow on social. You might have asked yourself can you hide who you follow on Ig? The short answer is yes.
There are two main ways how you can achieve this. Unfortunately, none of these two is as easy as switching some settings on or off.
Fast Read Content
Here is how you can hide who do you follow on Insta
If the person from which you want to hide your following is not currently following you on your Instagram page. Just set your profile to private. Here is how you can do this in 5 easy steps:
- Open your Instagram app
- Go to your profile
- Tap on the menu on the right top corner
- Tap on Settings at the right bottom corner of the app
- Go to your privacy settings
- Switch your account to a private account
When your account is set to private, only people who are currently following you can find who you are following. People who do not follow you currently, if they click on “Following” on your profile, won’t be able to access that information.
They can request to follow you, but unless you accept that, they won’t be able to see who you are following.
How to hide who are you following from someone who is already following you
Unfortunately, the method above does not work. Suppose you are trying to hide your following list from someone who is already your follower. Changing your account to private won’t help in this case.
There are four possibilities of how you can deal with this.
Method number 1
You need to follow the tutorial above and set your account to private. But that won’t be enough.
After you set your account to private, you need to do the following:
- After switching your profile to private, you should see a pop-up window, which asks you if you want to review your followers. Tap on yes
- Tap on search and search for the follower from which you want to hide your following list
- Tap on the Remove button on the right side
This is not a perfect solution, but the other ones are not much better.
Method number 2
You can restrict the account from you are trying to hide who you are following. Again, not a perfect method, but better than nothing…
- Go to settings and then tap on “Privacy settings”
- Scroll down till you see “Restricted Accounts”
- Tap on search and search for an account that you would like to restrict
- Tap on Restrict button next to the profile you have searched
Unlike removing them from your Ig profile, you just restrict them. They won’t see if you are online or if you have read their messages.
Method number 3
Again, not a very elegant solution, but you can block that account. Here is how:
- Open your Instagram
- Switch from home to “Search”
- Search for the account that you would like to block
- Tap on the desired search result
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Tap on “Block”
- Tap on “Block” again to confirm your decision
Congratulations, you have just blocked that profile, and they won’t be able to see who you are following.
Method number 4
This is probably not the best solution, and it definitely cannot be used every time.
Since 2018 you can have up to five logged-in accounts on your Instagram. Simply create a new account and follow from that account the accounts that you want no one to see. Obviously, you also need to unfollow these accounts on your main Instagram page.
Alternatively, you can click here and checkout if Instagram updated privacy settings. But there is a good chance that if they do, we will update this article!
Have you tried Sex Appeal Calculator? If not, click here, it is fun!