Reddit is famously known for hacked profiles. If you are not using this site anymore, it would be best to delete your Reddit account to prevent this from happening. If you have your reasons for doing this, that is ok. And as I always say, it is way better to remove the account now and sign up for a new one in the future if needed. Rather than let your data be vulnerable on their servers! If you are not sure if you want to do this, go to the end of this article and check our FAQ. Your questions might be answered over there. If not, you can always send me an email! If you prefer video tutorials over written ones, skip the step by step guide and watch the video tutorial.
Fast Read Content
How To Delete Reddit Account on PC & Mac in 9 steps!
If, for some reason, Reddit profile is no longer useful for you, we have prepared a step by step guide on how you can get remove your account permanently. Here is how:
- Open your main browser.
- Go to Reddit.com
- Log in to your profile.
- Click on your green profile icon next to your username in the upper right corner of the website ( if you have uploaded a profile photo, click on that image)
- Click on “User Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to almost bottom of that Reddit page and click on “Deactivate Account.”
- Input your login credentials and click on the “DEACTIVATE” button to confirm your actions
- Click on the “DEACTIVATE” button again to confirm that you want to do this!
- Congratulations, your Reddit account is now removed permanently from their database.
Do you prefer video tutorials?
How To Delete a Reddit Account on iPhone & Android
Unfortunately, you still cannot erase your profile within the app. And their website is not genuinely mobile optimized. So here is a screenshot by screenshot tutorial for you:
- Open your main internet browser and go to reddit.com. If you want to continue in the browser or the app, you will be asked to choose an internet browser and tap on “log in” on Reddit.
- Tap on “Log In” input your username or email, input your password, and then tap on the “Log In” button. After that, tap on the menu in the upper right corner. From the drop-down menu, tap on “Settings.”
- From the next drop-down menu, tap on “Account settings.” Once the new page loads, scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you don’t see the deactivate button, you will have to switch in your browser to the “Desktop version” of Reddit.
- Scroll down till you see the “Deactivate Account” button, tap on it. Input the reason why you are leaving Reddit, input your username, password, check the checkbox, and ta pon “DEACTIVATE” button. A new pop up window will show up. Tap on the “DEACTIVATE” button to confirm that you want to remove your site profile.
Congratulations, your account is now removed!
How do I delete my Reddit account on mobile?
Scroll up in this article, and there is a screenshot by screenshot tutorial prepared for you. It does not matter if you have an iPhone or Android phone. You won’t be able to delete your account through a mobile app. You will have to do it via an internet browser, as in the tutorial above.
What happens when I delete my Reddit account?
Your account will no longer be accessible. Unfortunately, your username will stay in their database, but without any data, which means that no one will be able to sign up under that username. Also, your profile posting history, comments, and even your upvotes will get deleted.