Fetlife is one of the best networking sites in the industry. But there are so many reasons why you should delete your account. Especially if you are not actively using the site, in that case, it is best to erase your account.
So far, their databases are safe, but pretty much every website can get hacked. Even giants like Facebook and other got leaks and hacks from time to time.
Here is how you can delete your Fetlife account
- Click here to log in to your account
- Click on the three lines below each other in the upper right corner
- Click on “Edit profile” from the dropdown menu
- Switch from the “Profile” tab to the “Account” tab
- On the right side of the screen, there will be a link to delete your account, click on it
- From the drop-down menu choose, that you want to “Permanently Delete” your account
- Type in your password and click on “Permanently Delete Account”
- Wait seven days. After that, your account will be permanently removed from their database
If you decide that you want to keep your account, you can log back into your account.
You will see a message like on the screenshot below. If you want to keep your account, click on “Cancel Deletion & Reactivate My Account”
Here is how you can deactivate your Fetlife account
- Follow the steps one to five from the how to delete FetLife account guide
- Left the option “Deactivate Account” there, input your password, and click on the “Deactivate Account” button
If you want just to take a break from fetlife.com, it is probably for the best just to deactivate your account. But if your break keeps getting longer and longer. Maybe after a month or two, delete your account. You can always create a new account. And having an inactive account on a website like this is not that safe.
Also, if you have any other inactive accounts, we highly recommend you delete those accounts. Rather be safe than sorry that your personal data got hacked.