Do you need to delete the discord server? If yes, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will take a look at how you can do this on your phone and your computer as well. Before you learn how to delete the discord server, please think about it again if you truly want to do such a thing. After you erase the server, there is no going back. You cannot recover the data once it is gone. It is gone.
How to delete a discord server on desktop
Either follow this step by step guide with screenshots or checkout the video guide below it.
- Open discord software and log in to your account
- Find the server that you would like to erase
- Click on the server to select it
- The Dropdown menu will show up. Click on the “server settings” button
- Now you should see a sidebar on the left side with the button “delete the server,” click on that button
- Type in the server name and authentication code (authentication code is required only if you are using 2FA on your account) to confirm that you want to do this!
- Click on the “delete server” button to confirm
Congratulations, you have just erased your discord server.
How to delete a server on Discord on Android & iOS
Either follow this step by step guide with screenshots attached or checkout the video tutorial below.
- Launch discord app on your mobile phone
- Open the sidebar by swiping to the left
- Tap on the server that you would like to erase
- A pop-up window will open. Tap on the Settings button
- Tap on the overview of options
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the “delete server” option
- Tap on yes, to confirm your actions
- If you have 2fa on your account, you will need to type in an authentication code to verify that you want to proceed with deleting your discord server.
If you have followed these simple steps, you have successfully erased the discord server.
If you want to delete your account as well, check out this guide.
How do I delete a discord server without ownership?
The simple answer is that you can’t do this. Even if you have admin privileges, you cannot delete the discord server. The only owner of the server can take such actions.
But what you can do is contact the server owner and ask him nicely to take down the server. This is pretty much it, and there is not much more that you can do in such a case.
If there are some rule violations, you can ask the Discord support team to take that server down for you. But that works only in case of violation of rules.
Why did Discord delete my server?
Suppose you have not received any email about it. You have most probably violated some of the terms of service of Discord, and their staff took down your server. You can always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send them your details and ask what has happened.